EVENTS AND PARTNERSHIPS
- Attended Dr.
Bobby Jones Gospel Taping at BET.
- Attended a White House Community Leader Briefing on community issues.
- Participated in a CTV Prince
George's County TV taping on young entrepreneurs. DeAnna Mayo and Eunita Winkey were interviewed.
- Attended a She Matters Young
Entrepreneur Workshop at Towson University that mentee DeAnna Swan-Mayo of My Sweet Tooth, LLC was guest speaker.
- Attended a Black Women for Obama
4 Change Reception honoring Mayor Gray and other Congresswomen.
- Attended She Matters event honoring 16-year old entrepreneur mentee
DeAnna Swan-Mayo of My Sweet Tooth, LLC.
- Attended Prince George's County Administration Bldg. where mentee DeAnna Swan-Mayo of My
Sweet Tooth, LLC was honored.
in a Blood Drive with Children Hospital sponsored by mentee DeAnna Swan-Mayo of My Sweet Tooth, LLC.
- Attended the Trumpet Awards,
Matters Conference: Building Excellent Students Together, Congressman Steny Hoyer and Ann Chafin from Maryland Dept.
of Education and Panel of Community Leaders.
- National Council for Negro Women Annual Conference - Montgomery County, Maryland Chapter.
- National Council of Negro Women
Health Expo Sponsored by AARP.
Congress for Black Women Annual Event.
- Institute for Advancement of Multicultural & Minority Medicine Seventh Annual Awards
Benefit Gala, Saluting Survivors…Promoting Life. Honoring William J. Clinton (42nd President
of United States, Gen. Colin Powell, Maimah Karmo, F. Alexis H. Robinson, Anne C. Beal, Alonzo
Mouring, Margot Copeland, and Hon. David Catania, and Donna Richardson Joyner.
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Annual Phoenix
Newspaper Publishers Associations, The Black Press of America.
- Congressional Black Caucus Conference.
- Health & Wellness Luncheon,
Congressional Black Caucus Conference.
- Transforming Public Education for African-American Youth, Congressional Black Caucus Conference.
- Who' Who in Black Washington,
in Victory Conference, Tantallon Country Club, Ft. Washington, Maryland.
- Parent Power Now Conference, Judge Glenda Hatchet, www.parentpowernow.com
- Congressman Steny
H. Hoyer, 8th Annual Women's Equality Day Event on "Excelling in this Economy."
- Charles County Department of Health First Annual
Faith & Unity Health Expo (Medical Record Awareness).
- White House Conference Call on Health Care Reform with
Michael Blake, White House Office of Public Engagement.
- Xernona Clayton, Founder/CEO Trumpet Awards - 80th Birthday
Celebration, Las Vegas, NV.
- Victory Chapel Back to School - Free Book Bags and School Supplies.
- Panelist for Teachers' Round
Table about Public Schools - Mel Franklin for PG Council.
- Black Women for Obama for Change - President Obama birthday celebration
at Jenny's on the Waterfront, Southwest, Washington, DC.
- Meet and greet Mel Franklin (PG County Council), Tom Dernoga (State's
Attorney), Mike Miller (State Senate), Jim Proctor and Joe Vallario (State Delegates), Donna Hathaway-Beck (School
Board), and Kelly Canavan (Democratic Central Committee).
- The Sojourner Truth Celebration First Anniversary Celebration of
the Unveiling of The Sojourner Truth Memorial.
- HERS Foundation's Twenty-Eight Hysterectomy Conference, Saturday, April 24th, New York
- U.S. Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney will deliver keynote address at HERS Conference www.hersfoundation.com.
- HERS Nationwide Hysterectomy Protest Images http://nwc.smugmug.com/Other/HERS-Nationwide-Protest-2004/8161967_U9dPB/4#691522360_FqgqH.
- Southern Maryland Fellowship of Christian Athletes Fundraising Banquet
(Featuring Former NFL RB Keith Elias.
- and Former Super Bowl Champion Reggie Evans).
- Harriet's Anti-Drug Ministry.
- Grow the Hope for Economic Empowerment
in Prince George County.
Point TV Show - Health Care Reform.
- Gunston Middle School, Fit Gunston 1st. Annual Health Event.
- Woman's National Democratic
Club, Reception to Benefit Women and Girls Who are Victims. of the Civil War in Eastern Congo, speakers Dr. Desiree
Bagula and Maya Soetoro-Ng.
- Congressmen Steny Hoyer, Health Care Reform, Northpoint High School, Waldorf, MD.,
- Health Care Reform with Jason
Waskey, Organizing for America Maryland State Director.
- Honored in Who's Who in Black Washington, DC Inaugural Edition,
September 22, 2009.
Black Caucus Foundation, Inc., Annual Legislative Conference.
- National Congress of Black Women, Inc., Twenty-Fifth Anniversary
Political Ticker News - Congresswoman Dona Edwards Health Care Town Hall Meeting in Oxon Hill, Maryland.
- Congressmen Steny Hoyer, Health
Care and Medical Record Awareness.
- NAFFCCA Sibling Camp, Camp Sandy Cove, (Fostering Families) .
- Family Fun Day, Victory Chapel,
Accokeek, Maryland (Medical Record).
- Winkey-Davis Family Reunion, Baltimore, Maryland (Medical Record Awareness),
- Charles County Department of
Health First Annual Faith & Unity Health Expo (Medical Record Awareness).,NAFFCCA Parkview Alumni Family Event,
(Fostering Families/Medical Record Awareness)
- NAACP 100 Year Convention, New York (Medical Record Awareness).
- The Point TV Show, Foster Care & Environment.
- National Press Club, Congressmen
John Conyers, Health care reform.
- Family Fun Day, South Potomac Church (Medical Record Awareness).
- Harriet's Anti-Drug Fellowship (Medical Record
Festival, Westlake High School, Waldorf, Maryland, June 13th (Medical Record Awareness).
- River Artsfest, Indian Head
Maryland, June 13th (Medical Record Awareness).
- Woman's National Democratic Club Luncheon with Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis
- Woman's National Democratic
Club Education Task Force Meeting.
- Woman's National Democratic Club Membership Meeting.
- NAACP African American Family Community Day at
Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum.
- Dr. E. Faye Williams, Esq., National Congress of Black Women, Inc. - Health Forum.
- Health Care for America Now
and DC for Obama, U.S. Navy Memorial Foundation and the Heritage.
- Grow the Hope for Health Care, Prince George's County.
- DNC Headquarter Preparing for
DC for President Obama's Health Care Day.
- Charles County Government Annual Government Day (Medical Record Awareness
Henson Middle School Annual Career Day (Medical Record Awareness).
- Gunston's Middle School Annual Career Day (Medical Record Awareness).
- Dr. Keith Harris, Presidential
Institute for the Advancement of Multicultural & Minority Medicine Inaugural Ball.
- Panelist on The Point TV Show on DC COMCAST 95 "Unnecessary Surgery and Medical Record.
- Awareness" www.thepointtv.com.
on The Point TV Show on DC COMCAST 95 "What Price Beauty?"
Life Health Complex, Dr. Baruch "Your Body Is Your Temple."
- Guest on Michael Baisden Show "Unnecessary Surgery and Medical
Record. Awareness" www.thepointtv.com.
on The Point TV Show on DC COMCAST 95 "We are our Children's. Keepers" www.thepointtv.com.
Press Club - Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
- The Point TV Show
- Founder/President Eunita Harper-Winkey is a panelist on The Point TV Show. We are a collective of African-American
commentators who express spiritual, political, social, and economic viewpoints that we feel resonate with various
faiths and ideals representative of the nations. Reverend Dr. Barbara Reynolds happily anticipates her new TV
show that will air March 5, 2008 on access channels across the nation. The show is called The Point, and Dr.
Reynolds will host it with a panel of incredibly interesting and bright African-American women; namely, Traycee
Gales, Mertine Moore, Valencia Mohammad, Ella Coleman, and Eunita Winkey.
- Panelist on The Point TV Show on DC COMCAST
95 "Black Women- Our Time Has Come" www.thepointtv.com.
07, featured as first article in the Health & Lifestyles Black Women 50 Plus Magazine "Know What's In Your
Medical Records." A special thanks to Linda Jackson Cocroft, Founder and Publisher for her support.
- November 5- "Maryland Chamber of Commerce /Baltimore Business Journals 2007 Business Philanthropy
Awards. The award winning companies are announced, Academy Award Style at the National Philanthropy Day Luncheon
to be held at the Baltimore Waterfront Marriott Hotel on Monday, November 5, from Noon to 2 p.m. Other awards
from the AFP - Maryland will also be presented that day; however, the National Business Philanthropy award
will be kept a secret until the luncheon. All nominees will be recognized at the event which draws 1,000 people."
- Guest with Sunshine King and family (Hurricane Katrina) who
relocated to Rocky Mount, NC on Radio One "Reynolds Rap Talk.
- Business Philanthropy Awards Nominees Announced.
"Twenty-one Maryland companies have been nominated for the 2007 Maryland Business Philanthropy Awards. The awards
program is a joint effort between the Maryland Chamber of Commerce and the Baltimore Business Journal to recognize
Maryland businesses that have demonstrated a commitment to improving the quality of life for residents of the state
through their philanthropic efforts. This year’s winners will be announced during the Association of Fundraising
Professionals (AFP) - Maryland Chapter’s Philanthropy Day Luncheon event, which will be held on November 5,
2007, at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel."
This year’s nominees were:
- "Small Employers (1-100
Books About You
Chesapeake Consulting, Inc.
Correct Rx Pharmacy Services, Inc.
HarVest Bank of Maryland
- Medium Employers (101-500
Capital Technology Information Services,
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
MECU of Baltimore, Inc.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. (SA-TECH)
& Preston, LLP
Employers (501+ employees)
Constellation Energy Group
Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Annual Legislative Conference Exhibition Showcase (Medical Record Awareness).
- Interview with Anchor Seth Browning of WNCT Channel 9 at the Katrina family new home
in Rocky Mount, NC.
with Laura McFarland of the Rocky Mount Telegram on the Hurricane Katrina family relocation to Rocky Mount, NC.
- ATWINDS article in
the Rocky Mount Telegram about the relocation of the Hurricane Katrina family titled "A Long Journey Home."
- Attended "The Ruth Project Tea," a white dress fellowship for women, Accokeek,
Maryland. The Ruth Project specializes in Domestic Violence, Abuse Crisis Intervention, and Christian Counseling.
Contact Minister Barbara Lewis, President and Founder (301-980-3367).
- SLS Ministries Breast Cancer Fundraiser Fashion Show, Luncheon,
and Silent Auction, Calvary Gospel Church, Waldorf, Maryland. Visit www.slsministriesinc.org(This is not an ATWINDS event).
- Fundraiser at the Black Leadership Council of Excellence Juneteenth Festival of Charles
County Maryland, Westlake High School, Waldorf, MD
- ATWINDS relocated their first Hurricane Katrina family to affordable housing in Rocky Mount,
- Fundraiser at Bryans Road Safeway, Bryans Road,
in Medical Record Awareness discussion and the Foster Care System with actress Victoria Rowell on Radio One "Reynolds
Sherri Robinson Atwinds Board Member and Administrator, honored as Outstanding Minister at Guiding Star Church
Victoria Rowell book signing (“The Women Who Raised Me”) at Karibu Books, The Mall at Prince Georges,
at Smallwood Safeway, Waldorf, MD.
- Maine Avenue Ministries
Eighth Annual World Spiritual Service Leadership Awards. Honorees Inducted into the World Hall of Love.
- HERS Foundation "Say No
Until You Know" petition. "The purpose is for doctors to provide a DVD to every woman who is told she
needs exploratory pelvic surgery, hysterectomy, or oophorectomy.” Go to www.hersfoundation.com and sign the